- The 24th March 2020, from 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
- The 25th march 2020, from 1:30pm to 3:00pm
Antycip and CM Labs, our expert partner in physics-based simulation, will be hosting an event in Oxfordshire to share insights and best practice in simulation-based training for the construction industry. While the construction market is steadily growing, finding skilled crane and heavy equipment operators have proven to be increasingly difficult. Investing in simulation-based training not only helps to fill employee and training gaps, but does so in a cost-effective, efficient, and safety-conscious way. Register today to attend one of these added-value demo sessions. Where: The Hub, ST Engineering Antycip UK Office & Demonstration Centre, Adderbury, Oxfordshire When: Due to high attendance, this one-day event will run on the 24th March and will be repeated the next day, on the 25th March, to accommodate everyone's schedule. In these daily sessions attendees will: Meet and network with industry leaders Test-drive their choice of crane or heavy equipment on the immersive Vortex Advantage simulator, including the Dozer Simulator and Motor Grader Simulator Learn about CM Labs Training solutions: Vortex Edge Plus, Advantage and Edge Max Discover ways that CITB and other Antycip and CM Labs clients have cut costs by investing in Vortex® simulators Have an opportunity to ask questions and have open conversations with CM Labs and Antycip To register for the event, please fill in the form located on this page.
- Jon Goodney - Consulting Industry Expert - Manager Learning Technology, John Deere (Retired)
- Christopher Bushell - Senior Instructor, National Construction College East, CITB, the Construction Industry Training Board
- Chris Blake - Programme Manager Plant department at CITB
- Chris Carter-Rowlands - Deputy Head of Construction, NOCN
- Drew Carruthers - Director of Product Strategy, CM Labs Simulations
|09:00 - 09:30||Arrival, Registration, Meet & Greet|
|09:30 - 10:00||Introduction|
|10:00 - 11:00||Guest speakers: Christopher Bushell & Chris Blake, CITB CITB Experience With Simulation based Training - Carbon footprint reduction by utilising simulators - Ensuring full operators training - Continued software and programmes development|
|11:00-11:15 Coffee & Snack Break (15 minutes)|
|11:15 - 12:00||Guest speaker: Chris Carter-Rowlands, NOCN - NOCN Group – Our role in the construction sector - The benefits of plant simulation training – the view of the Awarding Organisation - The NOCN/Cskills Awards Level 1 Award in Simulated Plant Operations - SiteRight assured short course training.|
|12:00 - 1:00 Lunch (will be provided)|
|13:00-14:00||Guest speaker: Jon Goodney, John Deere Improving operator training & productivity with simulation technology - The search for increased productivity - How are organizations measuring simulator value? - What makes new technology adoption successful?|
|14:00-14:15 Coffee & Snack Break (15 minutes)|
|14:15 -15:15||Guest speaker: Drew Carruthers, CM Labs Simulation The future of productive equipment operations - Predictive learning and data analytics for equipment design and training - Using technology to connect equipment training to mission planning - Exploiting the potential of mobile devices for equipment sales & marketing|
|15:15 - 17h00 Product demonstrations and networking|
• Vortex Edge Plus is a desktop simulation package, which is highly adaptable for different locations and classroom layouts. Using this package, users can train pretty much anywhere.
• Vortex Edge Max is an entry-level, stripped-down design of motion simulator, designed to give vocational centres excellent simulation capability for complete heavy equipment operator (HEO) training.
• Vortex Advantage is a scalable, immersive, all-in-one operator training simulator with one, three, or five screens to fit your training programs.